Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fail Investment

I sold 2 of my my CPF-OA unit trust fund today to accomodate my hdb downpayment. It look pretty decent for $10,000 initial invesmtnet plus a 5% gain of close to $500. When take a closer look, I'm actually suffer a losses...

I bought the fund 3 years ago, which mean my gain is about 1.67% p.a (i.e 5%/3), this is even lower than the CPF-OA 2.5% interest. If I remained the principle amount with CPF, I would have gained a compounded interest of $769 today.

$769 - $500 = $269 is my actual loss in this particular investment.

I won't blame the bad timing due to the market correction over last few days, without the sudden price drop, I would have recovered my principle plus the interest if I remain the $$$ with CPF.

No regret in selling this investment because it's unavoidable. For investment, the key point still the holding power.

No comments: